If you disagree with the decision of the appeals panel, do you have any recourse?

Typically, there will be a higher court to which you can further appeal your case. If the appellate court did not rule in your favor, you can typically appeal this decision to the state supreme court. In some situations, you may be able to appeal the decision to the United States Supreme Court. If an administrative panel denied your appeal, you may then be able to file a lawsuit with a district or circuit court.